- 2 litre milk
- 1 teaspoon powdered green cardamom
- 4 drops rose water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 pinch saffron
- 100 gm khoya
How to make Rabri
- Step 1Take a deep bottomed pan and add the milk. Bring it to a boil. Keep the flame low. Continue to boil the milk till it is reduced to half. You must take full cream milk for this recipe as it is richer.
- Step 2Finely grate the mawa or khoya and add to the milk. It is very important to grate the mawa in a way, no lumps remain or the taste of the rabri will be spoilt. You must keep the flame low and stir continuously as milk has a tendency to stick at the bottom and there are chances of its getting burnt. This not only spoils the taste of this dessert recipe but also makes it look unappetizing with black burnt milk surfacing on top.
- Step 3Now add the sugar and green cardamom powder and simmer till the sugar is completely dissolved. Keep the flame low and mix continuously with a ladle. Once the milk is thick enough, switch off the flame and allow it to cool. Dissolve saffron in one tablespoon of milk and pour into the rabri. You can add chopped nuts of your choice at this point. Add rose water and stir well.
- Step 4Keep aside to cool and refrigerate. Serve in an attractive glass or silver bowl garnished with the nuts of your choice.
error: Content is protected !!